- How do we receive a donation? To be considered for a donation education lesson contact Sara, information below.
- What does the education lesson consist of? Each donation/lesson varies depending on the age of the children and size of the group. An average lesson looks something like this: The class (grades K-3) will first watch a quick 2 minute video on the life cycle of an almond (Video: created by the Almond Board of California). Each child will receive a worksheet with educational games and science based facts on how almonds are grown, which we will do together. Each child will receive a small cup filled with almonds to taste, feel, and smell the almonds. We have plenty of time for questions from the children and discussion. The group will be left with a 25 pound box of almonds (or more) to enjoy. Each lesson takes about 30-45 minutes.
- What organizations are considered for a donation? Any child based organization; schools, after school programs, or any other child oriented organization. To date, we have donated over 1,000 pounds of almonds throughout the Central Valley in California, surrounding communities, and nationally as well.
- How much does this cost you? Right now it is at no cost to you. This business started from a place of genuine care and passion for the health of our next generation. “Be the Change you Wish to see in the World.” -Gandhi. This is our, small, part to be the change and hope to share kindness.
- Where is your farm located? Sperry Farms is located East of Denair, Ca.
- Are you a 501 (c) (3) – Non-profit? Yes.
- How can we donate to you? Thank you for your interest and generosity. Please contact Sara, information below.
For any additional questions please email Sara: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call: 209.662.0055